Wednesday 1 February 2012

Renault Twizy Advert

Research:
The is very small and compact with the dimensions of 234cm long, 124cm wide and 146cm tall besides it being so small it manages to accompany 2 passengers. Renault have also made the Twizy kind of cool by bringing it out in various urban colours making a really nice, smart looking city car. The car is very eco friendly as it costs less than £3 to fully charge it and can be charged from an ordinary house plug socket, it is also very cheap to maintain the vehicle and the road tax of it is bare minimum. As the car is electric it releases zero CO2 emissions when driving.

I researched into eco ad campaigns because that is general hype about the Twizy that is it's main selling platform. I like this design because it uses the colour of green which immediately makes you think eco as that's the colour in which eco is based on. I also like the way the designer has put a faint image of a city in a paler green colour and placed in small to make look as though it's in the background and then they highlight the the big bright green tree at the front suggesting that it's better to be eco-friendly. Another thing I like about this design is the text title where he's used the phrase "in eco we trust" suggesting being eco is a good thing, which it is. The designer has also highlighted the eco in green correspending with the whole eco design and making it stand-out catching the viewers eye. 

This advert takes a completely different approach to marketing the whole "eco" thing. The designer has used the a smoke chimney with a guy putting his arm around the cartooned face chimney with a "best friends forever" t shirt on the two of them suggesting that society is best friends with pollution.  To get the idea across that we should be eco, the designer has done portrayed by using a text message to get the general message that eco is the way forward and that we should be bestfriends with eco. He's used the green which and highlighted the serious words within the title to attract viewers attention which in turn will make them read on. Although this is a good marketing strategy to get the message across I believe the subtitle text underneath the title is slightly hard to read as it has a green background with text that has been cut out to make it the same colour as the background of the image which makes it harder to read as the colours blend a little too much.


http://www.renault-ze.com/en-gb/gamme-voitures-electriques-renault-z.e./twizy-urban/presentation-1949.html&child=1949

My Idea Based Upon It's Eco-Friendliness:

1# Magazine Advert with an vibrant Renault Twizy with eco-friendly logo (Greenpeace) vinyls and a dull powerplant background, emphasising the fact that it's eco-friendly.

I made this piece by using a background image of an oil plant and a image of the Renault Twizy. I placed in the background image of the plant first first darkening the colours to make it look bleak  I then added in smoke by using the brush tool and rendering clouds and slightly adding a Gaussian blur to give a more realistic smoke effect. I then placed in the image of the Twizy after I had cut it out from the background using the magic wand tool and rubber tool. Once the car was placed in the image I used the distort tool to make it look as though it's parked within the image. After that I started on the colour change, I done this by using the colour balance and hue/saturation tools to give this green look to the car. Finally I added in the black bar and text by simply using the shape tool and text tool.
Evaluation:
I'm pleased with how this turned out because it portrays the message that the Twizy is eco-friendly, which is what the campaign is all about. I like the way I've managed to create realistic smoke and got the car to look perspective with the background image. Saying that they are some flaws to my design I believe it looks slightly tacky and I wanted a more realistic look to the advert e.g. the green is too green, I should've maybe only coloured the white of the car in green as it looks a bit unreal with it all over. Another thing I'm dissatisfied about is my poor use of the rubber and selection tool to cut the Twizy out as there's a faint whiteness around the image. But overall I'm still happy with my design.

2# Guerilla advert where the Twizy has been made to look like a fruit hanging from a tree.

I created this piece by first of all acquiring a field image, tree image and the Twizy of the internet. I then place in my field image and changed the colour to black and white lowering the saturation after that I used the poster edges filter to give this drawn look. I then placed in my tree image and Twizy image, I added the same poster edges effect to the Twizy to correspond with the background. Penultimately  I drew in black lines hanging from the tree and duplicated the Twizy several times to place them around the tree using the transform tool to resize a couple of them. Finally to add a bit more of an effect to it I duplicated the tree and distorted whilst adding a blur to create a shadow effect.

Evaluation:
I'm very pleased with how this turned out, I believe the desaturated colour blends the image nicely and it all looks clean. I like how I've managed to get the tree in perspective with the background and it all follows the same art style throughout the image. Another thing I love about this image is the realism brought in by the shadow of the tree. Although I'm very pleased with this design I think it may have benefited from the tree either being a bit smaller and placed a little little further back within the image or put slightly to one side but I wanted it the central image of the piece. But I am very happy with how this design planned out.

Group Ideas Presentation:

















No comments:

Post a Comment